Company: Aspen Valley Hospital
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Pay range for temporary hires: $2,400 per week + up to $6/hr
Assignment start date: 11/13/23
Assignment end date: 4/30/24
Please apply by October 10!
There are no benefits associated with this position.
This Position Offers:
Highly competitive pay, being part of a very cohesive & supportive
team, and four of North America's top ski resorts at your
Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen
Valley Hospital is a twenty-five-bed community hospital that
represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of
a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center.
Our award-winning hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO,
includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a
difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we
are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient
care of any hospital across the country.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for
providing radiologic images of technical detail, requiring
independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in producing
- Oversees the appropriate use and maintenance of radiologic
equipment, and assures appropriate function, patient safety, and
- Keeps patients informed regarding what to expect
- Completes C-Arm Competency Checklist as required, including
demonstration of proper use procedures, saving and transferring
images, disinfecting machine, use of shielding and how to begin an
- Completes X-Ray Room 1 Competency Checklist as required,
including demonstration of proper use procedures, performance of QA
in proper sequence, use of digital/cassett exams, grid use, start
of exam, proper protocol and transfer of images to PACS,
Pigo-O-Stat, lead shielding and locating proper supplies.
- Completes X-Ray Room 2 Competency Checklist as required,
including demonstration of proper use procedures, start of
exam-cassett and use of flouro, transfer of info to PACS, set up of
sterile tray, use of shielding, operation of flouro tower and
- Adheres reliably to all accepted patient safety standards.
- Always ensures accurate documentation including completion of
all required forms, sign, date, time and legibility of all
documentation. Scan all documents as needed/required.
- Maintains complete clinical competence for all patient care
delivered in the patient care setting and for all specific
radiology technician modalities assigned.
- Maintains appropriate education and certification requirements
for role and radiology technician accountability..
- Implements correct charging procedures and monitors daily for
accurate charging in the department. Participates in charge master
changes, corrections, updates or additions. Makes value-added
resource decision for patient care with respect to supplies,
equipment and acuity of care.
- Participates in departmental and organizational education as
requested/required. Assists with new staff orientation and
- Provides individualized patient and family education consistent
with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self-care
- Evaluated the effectiveness of patient learning.
- Records pertinent clinical documentation in accordance with
regulatory requirements, professional standards and hospital
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own
professional decision making.
- Develops professional goals and diversity of responsibilities
within practice; consistent with hospital mission and goals.
- Demonstrates role awareness and seeks individualized/department
specific continuing education that improves patient care or
- Able to express values around patient/family centered care and
assists others to achieve shared understanding.
- Active participant in quality improvement processes.
- Participates and contributes to unit meetings and
- Identifies need to seek out additional information when needed
and apply relevant findings to practice.
- Demonstrates purposeful service excellence through exceeding
patient and co-worker expectations.
- Represents the department and hospital as a dedicated,
courteous and responsive employee.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition; fully
stocks area as needed.
- Inspects sterile packages and eliminates damaged or out dated
- Performs QA on equipment and images.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Radiologic Technologist program
- ARRT Registered in Radiology
- BLS certification
Keywords: Aspen Valley Hospital, Aspen , X-Ray Tech, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!