Home Care PCW
Posted on: July 4, 2019
Performs assigned functions of personal care and routine chores and
services to the patient in their residence as well as assists
participants with Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADL)
and specified Activities of Daily Living (ADL) in accordance with
InnovAge established policies and procedures and following all
applicable state regulations and guidelines under the direction,
instruction and supervision of qualified Agency personnel.
Essential Functions and Work Responsibilities
Functional Category: Client/Participant Care
Estimated Percent of time Spent - 100%
- Aids participants with the Instrumental Activities of Daily
Living (IADL) that include; chore services, light housekeeping and
laundry, changing of bed linens, medication reminders, meal prep
and grocery shopping.
- Assists participants with the Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
that include: light assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
(participant must be able to perform most of the task by
- Reports pertinent participant information regarding
participants in a timely manner to appropriate team members and
acts promptly in the case of emergency situations
- Documents services provided to participants in a timely and
consistent manner utilizing the appropriate note. Accurately and
consistently uses Mobil Time Tracking to document hours
- Maintains a safe environment for participants and self and
displays awareness of, and reports, safety and/or reverse hazards
in a timely manner.
- Completes appropriate service notes completely, accurately and
in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Provides medication reminders as assigned.
- Participates in all required orientation, training, competency
and in-service programs as scheduled and necessary per Agency
- Is available for, and participates in, on-site supervisory
visits per Agency direction, at a minimum of every 3 months.
- Participates in coordination of patient care, as required.
- Attends patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Performs personal care, homemaker, and companion services only
as assigned by Clinical Director or Care Supervisor as instructed
and in accordance with the established guidelines by the CDPHE, and
ensures that instructions received are thoroughly understood.
- Observes and maintains client home environment that ensures the
safety and security of the client.
- Performs personal care services in accordance with the plan of
care and Agency policy.
- Performs routine household chores such as cleaning, changing
bed linens, and laundry and meal preparation as assigned.
- Provides assistance in completing activities such as shopping
and appointments outside the home.
- Companionship, including but not limited to , social
interactions, conversation, emotional reassurance, encouragement of
reading, writing, and activities that stimulate the mind.
- Assists participants with supportive care that include;
ambulating, positioning and transferring.
- Performs household services essential to care in the home as
- Ambulates and exercises the patient as assigned.
- Additional work functions and duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
-- High School Diploma or GED.
Licensure, Certification, Registration or Designation
-- Requires personal transportation, valid state issued driver's
license, good driving record and auto insurance as required by
Work Experience and Qualifications
-- A minimum of one year working with the frail or elderly is
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Must be computer proficient and possess experience with
Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to quickly learn specific software and new
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Able to analyze data and statistics and draw reasonable
conclusions and compile accurate reports.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret regulations and other
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively and
tactfully present information to, and communicate with, co-workers,
employees, and others.
- Possess exceptional English written and verbal communication
skills, including accurate grammar and business correspondence
- Ability to read and write memos, reports, and correspondence
that conform to prescribed style and format.
-- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative and positive working
- Organized, detail-oriented, diplomatic, proactive,
self-motivated, dependable, and driven by excellence.
- Even-tempered and able to balance multiple tasks in accordance
with changing deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced
- Ability to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of
diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
InnovAge Service Standards Requirements
-- Safety- Maintains a safe work place. Reports all unsafe work
conditions to supervisor and/or Safety & Loss Control Manager and
works in conjunction with supervisor, Safety & Loss Control
Manager, and staff to correct unsafe work conditions. Follows and
enforces all safety policies.
- Commitment - Commits to his/her job and to the success of the
company. Continuously puts forth the effort to achieve goals and
continuous quality improvement. Degree to which employee goes the
extra step to ensure job/task completion. Takes initiative to offer
ideas to improve processes or results.
- Cooperativeness - Consistently supports management decisions as
demonstrated by his/her actions. Demonstrates a "can do" attitude
by responding positively to instructions. Follows instructions and
works harmoniously with others to complete the job or task.
- Attendance - Meets or exceeds punctuality and attendance
expectations/requirements. Faithfully reports to work and conforms
to scheduled work hours. When necessitated, follows call-in
procedures and informs others of absences.
- Customer Service - Embraces the organization's commitment to
internal and external customer service and demonstrates a
customer-centric approach when interacting with co-workers,
participants, clients, and all other business contacts.
- Confidentiality - Maintains confidentiality of employee,
participant, and client data/information, and any other sensitive
organization information as appropriate.
- Adherence to Company Policy - Follows and enforces guidelines
as established by policies. Conforms to company and job standards
and requirements. Shows respect for others. Acts in the best
interests of the company at all times. Serves as an example for
others. Conducts business in an ethical fashion.
- Reliability - Completes responsibilities with minimal direct
supervision. Follows through with assigned jobs and tasks all the
way through completion. Puts forth the effort to achieve goals and
objectives under varying circumstances.
- Alignment with Company Goals & Objectives - Supports the
organization's mission, vision, and values and holding
self-accountable for applying these principles daily and personally
living them when working with co-workers, participants, clients,
and all other business contacts.
- Quantity of Work / Productivity - Produces at a high volume.
Always puts forth the effort to maximize productivity. Meets or
exceeds established work deadlines. Engages in a productive work
effort whenever possible. Meets goals and objectives.
- Quality of Work - Produces work that is accurate and reliable.
Accomplishes work quickly and efficiently. Works in a thorough and
organized manner while minimizing down time. Results are
consistently within acceptable quality standards.
- Job Knowledge - Demonstrates a thorough understanding of
his/her job processes and procedures. Integrates knowledge to
efficiently accomplish job requirements. Efficiently uses resources
(including staff and management) to obtain additional
- Communication - Exhibits good interpersonal skills. Develops
and fosters professional relationships with co-workers,
participants, clients, and vendors. Keeps others informed as
directed by operational demands and need-to-know. Keeps self
informed of announcement made via established company venues
Keywords: InnovAge, Aspen , Home Care PCW, Other , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!