Airport Facilities Technician (Winter Seasonal)
Company: Pitkin County
Posted on: August 2, 2019
The Airport Facilities Technician position is scheduled to work
September through May. This position is eligible for paid time off
and includes an end of season bonus incentive & stipend for
insurance. Work Schedule will be 4x10 hour shifts, 1:30pm to
11:30pm, Wednesday through Saturday.
The Airport Facilities Technician will work as part of a team in
order to maintain Airport buildings, airfield and grounds and
ensure the safety and comfort of Airport employees and visitors.
Assists Airport staff and the public as needed. Duties may vary
according to job assignment.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative
duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing
of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class;
employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below;
reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job
description does not constitute an employment agreement and is
subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and
responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the
- Conducts inspections of facilities to determine maintenance
needs; maintains and repairs lights, signs, fencing, gates, and
roofing; completes plumbing, carpentry, electrical, HVAC, and
internal equipment maintenance and repair work.
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper and safe functioning;
maintains heavy equipment and changes oil.
- Performs wildlife mitigation; removes wildlife that could
potentially be hazardous to aircraft.
- Removes snow from runways, taxiways, and ramps; clears snow to
designated areas; maintains landscaping.
- Responds to Airport emergencies and accidents.
- Completes roadwork to keep outside road free of ruts and
graded; removes rocks from runways.
- Participates as part of the Line Management team, assisting
Airport visitors with directions and information while maintaining
safe capacity within the airport terminal facility.
- Supports the relationship between Pitkin County government and
the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative
behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and County
staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County
information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED equivalent; AND three years of general
maintenance experience; OR an equivalent combination of education,
training, and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Class B Colorado Commercial Driver's
- Airport Certified Employee (ACE) designation.
- AAAE Advanced ASOS.
- ICS and NIMS certifications.
- Must complete first aid and CPR training.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's License and acceptable
Motor Vehicle Record.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Wildlife management.
- Safety policies, procedures, and practices.
- Building and fire codes.
- FEMA, FAA, and airport regulations.
- Heavy equipment, building, and grounds maintenance methods and
Knowledge of (Job Class Standard):
- General office policies and procedures.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Customer service techniques.
- Basic accounting and budgeting principles and practices.
- Diagnosing and repairing HVAC and electrical systems and
- Operating tools and equipment safely.
- Completing various maintenance and repair tasks in various
trades to include carpentry, electrical work, plumbing, HVAC, and
Skill in (Job Class Standard):
- Organizing and prioritizing work to meet deadlines and
- Typing and entering data with speed and accuracy.
- Microsoft Office products.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working
- Communicating clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Work is performed in a standard office environment, with some
exposure to dangerous tools, equipment, machinery, inclement
weather conditions, and fumes.
$22.37 to $26.29 per hour dependent on qualifications.
Keywords: Pitkin County, Aspen , Airport Facilities Technician (Winter Seasonal), Professions , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!