Water Maintenance Technician II, Utilities Billing Technician II, Recreation Supervisor
Company: City of Aspen
Posted on: September 5, 2019
Now Hiring!* Water Maintenance Technician II* Utilities Billing
Technician II* Recreation SupervisorEssential Duties And
ResponsibilitiesManagement reserves the right to add, modify,
change, or rescind the work assignments of different positions and
to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can
perform the essential functions of the job.
- Develops, implements, monitors, evaluates, and supervises the
operations of assigned recreation program areas.
- Oversees and supervises the activities of subordinate staff and
volunteers; selects, assigns, trains, directs, schedules, and
monitors staff duties; evaluates employee performance and initiates
disciplinary actions when needed.
- Responsible for the appropriate training of employees in
assigned areas of responsibility; plans and conducts in-service
training programs; monitors status of required licenses and
certifications; structures the evaluation and professional
development of program staff to ensure a high performing team.
- Oversees and manages contract services.
- Conducts research to identify programs of value and interest to
the community; evaluates program effectiveness and viability; makes
recommendations on new programs or modifications of existing
programs to meet community needs.
- Serves as a liaison and resource for community agencies and
other organizations; performs community outreach to promote
recreational programs and stimulate interest in District
- Serves as District representative with external organizations;
attends and/or speaks at meetings, community and professional
functions, and conferences as assigned.
- Works collaboratively with other departments; confers regularly
with other supervisors and managers.
- Prepares marketing materials, such as course descriptions,
program brochures, newsletters, and announcements; uses social
media and other forums to maximize community outreach and
- Develops, implements, and recommends effective maintenance and
safety programs, procedures, and guidelines; conducts periodic
inspections and ensures program facilities are properly maintained
for optimal safety.
- Prepares and manages program budget and grants; projects
revenue and expenditures; monitors and tracks expenditures and fees
collected; monitors inventory and purchases authorized supplies and
- Manages fee collection, accounting activities, and program
registration in assigned areas; reviews records and files to ensure
proper accounting and documentation consistent with District
policies and procedures.
- Identifies grant opportunities; develops and prepares grant
- Maintains records on program activities, attendance, and other
pertinent information; prepares a variety of operational and
business reports, and associated correspondence.
- Assists with District special events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Great BenefitsEOEWe are an
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation,
sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance
with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to
Keywords: City of Aspen, Aspen , Water Maintenance Technician II, Utilities Billing Technician II, Recreation Supervisor, Professions , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!