Hotel Aspen Front Desk Agent-End of Season Bonus!
Company: HayMax Hotels
Posted on: June 18, 2022
This position acts as the first point of contact with guests and
handle all stages of a guests stay. Applicants must be available to
work 8 am - 3:30 pm or 3:30 pm - 11 pm. All potential employees
must be available to work either shift, weekends and holidays.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Use oral and written communication skills to register and
* Manage guest service requests
* Process cash or credit card payments
* Maintain updated information on room availability, reservations
and guest messages
* Understand how to use hotel Property Management Software (PMS)
* Accept reservation calls and make reservations in a professional
and courteous way for The Hotel Aspen. This includes obtaining all
accurate guest information and relaying all information back to the
guest for confirmation.
* Make and enter wholesale reservations in an accurate manner.
Agent must be knowledgeable if using and updating the extranet to
relay any confirmation numbers.
* Check in guests with preexisting reservations, including
collecting a photo ID and credit card for incidentals. Verify room
category, checkout date, make guest room keys, explain amenities,
and direct guests to their room, as well as offer bell service.
Manage guest service requests.
* Check in guests without reservations or as walk-ins. Collect all
appropriate information from the guest. Ensure the ID matches guest
credit card and following the same steps as a guest with a
* Check out guests and ask for feedback such as asking how the stay
was, try to overcome any complaints, make sure the folio is
balanced and all charges are correct, and ask guest if they require
* Post all charges to the folio correctly and charge accordingly
(laundry, postage, etc.).
* Count cash drawer at the beginning and ending of each shift.
Ensure drawer is accurately balanced; handle cash transactions and
* Follow and complete all items on the AM/PM checklist prepared by
manager, including running the night audit.
* Act as concierge. Answer guest inquiries and set up reservations
including restaurant and special activities
* Maintain a constant and open line of communication with
housekeeping. Inform Housekeeping of any checkouts, room moves,
* Inform maintenance staff of any room issues. Assist with any
small maintenance issues if Maintenance staff is unavailable. This
may include unclogging toilets, fixing minor TV and A/C issues,
covering pool, etc.. Provide maintenance staff with MOD report and
follow up to ensure that any outstanding issues are completed.
* Ensure the front office and lobby area are neat and organized.
Inform the Manager regarding any shortage of supplies (key cards,
welcome letters, etc.).
* Assist managers with any side projects or tasks
* Check the front desk email on a consistent basis and reply in a
professional and grammatically correct manner
* Inventory all lost and found items- call and email guest when
item is recovered and record in Visual Matrix
* Schedule and book shuttle rides
* Conduct 14 -day pre-arrival emails/calls on a daily basis; report
any unfinished pre-arrival emails/calls to next shift
* Follow up with every guest 15-30 minutes after check in
* Assist with any other requested tasks or job duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Enthusiasm and passion for hotel sales and guest service
* Must be knowledgeable of each property, including specific room
categories, room layouts and amenities
* Ability to connect with people over the phone and in person. Must
maintain a professional and courteous attitude.
* Detail oriented
* Ability to produce a high level volume of work while maintaining
* Effective oral and written communication
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working
* Problem solving and creative thinking
* Ability to use sound judgment in stressful situations
* Ability to learn and adapt to different software programs
* Ability to lift, push and pull items as heavy as 50 pounds
Education and Experience:
* High school degree or equivalent preferred
* Must have business telephone etiquette and customer service
* Correct English usage, including spelling, grammar, punctuation,
* High School diploma or GED
* Hospitality/Sales Experience preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Keywords: HayMax Hotels, Aspen , Hotel Aspen Front Desk Agent-End of Season Bonus!, Sales , Aspen, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!